One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The playing of aggressive or decisive strokes in tennis, golf, and other games.
- ‘By turns he excited the crowd with his shotmaking and then tortured them with his arguments.’
- ‘You will eventually run out of room on the approach and lane, so creative shotmaking comes into play.’
- ‘Tiger has tilted the playing field from one based on finesse and shotmaking to one in which power is paramount.’
- ‘Even small improvements in your body sequencing can lead to big improvements in your shotmaking.’
- ‘More importantly she is finally getting to a level of fitness that would underpin her brilliant shotmaking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.