One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clean or strip (a metal or other surface) by directing a high-speed stream of steel particles at it.
- ‘We don't know what finishes or flooring materials you install, but at the least, we would recommend shot-blasting a slab to prepare the surface for the toppings.’
- ‘For the museum project, Mulder shot-blasted the floor with an 80-grit profile, filled the control joints with a semi-rigid epoxy, and applied a 100% solids epoxy primer.’
- ‘Machines are also re-lined to ensure correct body thickness, shot-blasted and re-sprayed for a long working life.’
- ‘By registering every single component in the equipment control panel program, the conditions under which the component has been shot blasted can be traced back reliably.’
- ‘Most of these models have been shot-blasted to clean away the original paint, and chemically flushed to remove silt and corrosion from inside, and are suitable for use in the home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.