One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fielder positioned in the infield between second and third base, or the position itself.
- ‘The batter hit a lazy fly ball which the shortstop easily reached just behind second base.’
- ‘Writers no longer take note of the assists credited to a shortstop or second baseman.’
- ‘I started as a shortstop and was second in fielding and hitting in the League.’
- ‘You see a lot of guys going from shortstop to second base in the big leagues, but you never really see the opposite.’
- ‘We have five shortstops in the minor leagues who are going to be major league players.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.