Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cat of a short-haired breed.
- ‘They include many popular breeds as well as non-pedigreed longhairs and shorthairs.’
- ‘Some shorthairs can be overly protective, while others are not keen on strange animals of any kind.’
- ‘She has a different coat than her genetic donor, Rainbow, a calico domestic shorthair.’
- ‘As intended, the new name spurred interest, and by the 1970s, the American shorthairs were fully established as one of the most popular cats at pedigree shows.’
- ‘Oban is a black shorthair with a beautiful coat aged approximately 6 years old.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.