One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cat of a short-haired breed.
- ‘They include many popular breeds as well as non-pedigreed longhairs and shorthairs.’
- ‘Some shorthairs can be overly protective, while others are not keen on strange animals of any kind.’
- ‘Oban is a black shorthair with a beautiful coat aged approximately 6 years old.’
- ‘She has a different coat than her genetic donor, Rainbow, a calico domestic shorthair.’
- ‘As intended, the new name spurred interest, and by the 1970s, the American shorthairs were fully established as one of the most popular cats at pedigree shows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.