One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An abbreviated form of a title of a book or document.
- ‘A short title should tell the media what your ‘hook’ is.’
- ‘Unfortunately there is no bibliography and in the notes the use of short titles without indicating the place of full reference is irritating.’
- ‘I want, therefore, to speak to the short title and to the amendments.’
- ‘Section 1 of the Act contains the short title to the Act.’
- ‘Obviously, the debate on the short title will be a lot narrower, but this one is more general.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.