Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Tennis played on a small court with a small racket and a soft ball, used especially as an introduction to the game for children.
- ‘Sports on offer this summer include short tennis, gymnastics, basketball, trampolining and table tennis.’
- ‘Children can play sports such as football, short tennis, tag rugby and table tennis at this year's Downham Summer Action Scheme.’
- ‘We do a wide range of sports such as hockey, football, cricket and short tennis.’
- ‘We have out-of-school sports clubs every day including rounders, netball, short tennis, basketball, football and swimming.’
- ‘The bulk of the day is made up of workshops, with coaching for athletics, football, short tennis and instruction in kite-making.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.