One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A narrow cut of beef containing the ends of the ribs near the breastbone.
- ‘They're always happy to see short ribs on the menu (although calf's liver is better), and the phrase ‘potato pancake’ is music to their ears.’
- ‘The slow-braised lamb shanks and short ribs we've tasted in restaurants lately have inspired us to follow suit.’
- ‘I had ordered the short ribs and Alan ordered the chicken.’
- ‘Curiously, given Samuelsson's genius with fish, the meat dishes, like beef short ribs and an inventive rib-eye carpaccio, are much better.’
- ‘The most comforting winter meal on the planet has to be braised beef short ribs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.