(of a person) out of breath or quickly becoming so.
out of breath, panting, puffing, huffing and puffing, puffing and blowing, puffed, puffed out, wheezing, wheezy, choking, windedView synonyms
- ‘You get short-winded easily and you just aren't feeling your best.’
- ‘After all, dope or hemp was partially responsible for our low standing in academics, athletics, and achievements; we were the first generation of teens more short-winded than our own grandparents.’
- ‘Though short-winded, I was ready for the second pass.’
- ‘I would get so short winded, after just walking a few feet that I didn't want to go anywhere.’
- ‘The illness certainly affects a patients' quality of life because they often wake up short-winded, experience severe coughing or are hit by a heavy sensation in the chest.’