Likely to lose one's temper.
bad-tempered, irascible, irritable, grumpy, grouchy, crotchety, tetchy, testy, crusty, curmudgeonly, ill-tempered, ill-natured, ill-humoured, peevish, cross, as cross as two sticks, fractious, disagreeable, pettish, crabbed, crabby, waspish, prickly, peppery, touchy, scratchy, splenetic, shrewish, short-tempered, hot-tempered, quick-tempered, dyspeptic, choleric, bilious, liverish, cross-grainedView synonyms
- ‘His father, Albert Franklin Cohen, who died in 1987 and to whom the book is dedicated, was an Eagles fan, which usually means more fervent, cynical and short-fused than others, but no less dedicated.’
- ‘Everyone was ill-tempered and short-fused.’
- ‘Australian coach Eddie Jones wants his short-fused Wallabies to bottle their emotions before their crunch Tri-Nations rugby Test with New Zealand in Sydney this coming weekend.’
- ‘However, that didn't help as the giant was extremely short-fused at the moment.’
- ‘Gannon, fiery if not short-fused, is a true competitor who thrives because of his pin-point accuracy.’