A crab that inhabits the seashore and shallow waters.
- ‘Common lobsters, edible crabs, velvet swimming crabs, shore crabs and hermit crabs were common.’
- ‘The shore crab is not alone on and in the vicinity of European shores.’
- ‘This one moved with startling speed to capture a shore crab that was walking across the stone wall of a slipway.’
- ‘A velvet swimming crab then dashes out of the shadows, grabs the shore crab's trophy and vanishes back under the kelp.’
- ‘We collected 17 purple shore crabs from the same sites to use as predators on the porcelain crabs.’