One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crab that inhabits the seashore and shallow waters.
Several species, in particular the dark green common shore crab (Carcinus maenas, family Carcinidae) of Europe
- ‘The shore crab is not alone on and in the vicinity of European shores.’
- ‘We collected 17 purple shore crabs from the same sites to use as predators on the porcelain crabs.’
- ‘This one moved with startling speed to capture a shore crab that was walking across the stone wall of a slipway.’
- ‘A velvet swimming crab then dashes out of the shadows, grabs the shore crab's trophy and vanishes back under the kelp.’
- ‘Common lobsters, edible crabs, velvet swimming crabs, shore crabs and hermit crabs were common.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.