One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crab that inhabits the seashore and shallow waters.
Several species, in particular the dark green common shore crab (Carcinus maenas, family Carcinidae) of Europe
- ‘The shore crab is not alone on and in the vicinity of European shores.’
- ‘Common lobsters, edible crabs, velvet swimming crabs, shore crabs and hermit crabs were common.’
- ‘This one moved with startling speed to capture a shore crab that was walking across the stone wall of a slipway.’
- ‘We collected 17 purple shore crabs from the same sites to use as predators on the porcelain crabs.’
- ‘A velvet swimming crab then dashes out of the shadows, grabs the shore crab's trophy and vanishes back under the kelp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.