One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for floorwalker
- ‘Skinner worked as a draper and shopwalker with Buckley & Nunn's until 1880 when he resigned after being refused a pay rise.’
- ‘The shopwalker, Sir John Simon, is a member of the Liberal government.’
- ‘The fact remains that this particular shopwalker uttered a cry of protest and darted in pursuit of the hat and cape.’
- ‘‘As smart a chap as you could have,’ said the chief shopwalker, ‘but no zest.’’
- ‘One of the shopwalkers came up to him and said, ‘What can I do for you, please?’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.