A walking stick with a handle that unfolds to form a seat and a sharpened end that can be stuck firmly in the ground.
- ‘A shooting rest, such as shooting sticks or a Monopod from Stoney Point, will help increase your customer's accuracy.’
- ‘Get out his shooting sticks and look for a place to set them up.’
- ‘He has now packed his shooting sticks and fishing rods and moved to the Hamptons, the millionaires' playground in New York state.’
- ‘With the aid of a hamper, umbrellas, a shooting stick and a suitcase, we managed to prop open the boot lid creating a somewhat Heathrobinson windbreak.’
- ‘Other than that, you can use any position you want; offhand, kneeling, sitting, using a sling or shooting sticks for support.’