Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A padded waterproof coat with large pockets, worn when shooting game.
- ‘Our custom-tailored waterproof shooting coats were designed by shooters for shooters.’
- ‘All shooting is done from the offhand position, and no shooting coats, hooked buttplates, gloves, or slings are allowed.’
- ‘I put my windbreaker on under my shooting coat and was able to get warm enough to give it a try.’
- ‘This coat is fully waterproof lined and has the technical features associated with shooting coats.’
- ‘Since there are several styles of shooting coats of varying cost, the shooter is advised to try out several types before making an investment.’
- ‘Once you get to using a shooting coat, you'll have your sling a lot tighter, and you'll see that you most likely couldn't bear the pain of the sling on your hand without a glove.’
- ‘When you purchase a Storm coat, you become the proud owner of the finest shooting coat ever made.’
- ‘I just wanted to take a moment to drop you a line to thank you for the exceptional shooting coats that you produce.’
- ‘When you look for a shooting coat remember it is supposed to be stiff and it is supposed to be a little tight.’
- ‘Our line of shooting accessories includes shooting coats, vests, soft cases, glasses, shells, and a large selection of choke tubes.’
- 1.1archaic term for morning coat
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.