A board with a step-shaped profile used to guide the motion of a plane relative to a workpiece to ensure accurate planing.
- ‘The first shooting board that I build will be a quick-and-dirty prototype with which to experiment.’
- ‘But I did manage to fix the problem on the existing shooting board and it's working pretty good.’
- ‘The edges were planed, using stereotype planes on an iron shooting board.’
- ‘Also notice the cleat at the front of the shooting board which serves to brace it to the bench edge.’
- ‘I would like to make a shooting board and would appreciate being pointed towards some good plans.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.