One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
plural nounNorth American
Potatoes cut into long, thin strips and deep-fried.
- ‘The Camden burger consists of a fresh kaiser roll, eight Angus ounces, sweet caramelized onions and a mini haystack of shoestring potatoes.’
- ‘I'm not saying fries should strive to be more like shoestring potatoes in a can, although I am willing to eat those, but a slender fry speaks to me.’
- ‘I had the grilled steak baguette, with caramelised onions, horseradish mayonnaise and shoestring potatoes for €13.’
- ‘Garnish with the shoestring potatoes and baby arugula.’
- ‘Four other appetizers have since been added to the menu, including fried scorpions served on shrimp toast and Changbai Mountain ants sprinkled on shoestring potatoes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.