plural nounNorth American
Potatoes cut into long thin strips and deep-fried.
- ‘The Camden burger consists of a fresh kaiser roll, eight Angus ounces, sweet caramelized onions and a mini haystack of shoestring potatoes.’
- ‘I had the grilled steak baguette, with caramelised onions, horseradish mayonnaise and shoestring potatoes for €13.’
- ‘Garnish with the shoestring potatoes and baby arugula.’
- ‘I'm not saying fries should strive to be more like shoestring potatoes in a can, although I am willing to eat those, but a slender fry speaks to me.’
- ‘Four other appetizers have since been added to the menu, including fried scorpions served on shrimp toast and Changbai Mountain ants sprinkled on shoestring potatoes.’