One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The in-kind payments included cords of wood, hauling hay, a hat, plowing, shoemaking, as well as wheat, flour, corn, and coffee.’
- ‘A portion of the immigrants were skilled artisans who typically replicated their old-world crafts of shoemaking and repairing, tailoring, carpentry, and barbering.’
- ‘Things like carpentry, cooking, farming, tailoring and shoemaking were seeds for businesses that could be started at home and with little or no capital.’
- ‘For example, a shoemaker would limit his activity to shoemaking.’
- ‘It also has been noted that shoemaking was called ‘the gentle craft’ because it does not require much violent, physical exertion.’
- ‘Home ‘cottage’ industries include dressmaking, carpentry, and shoemaking.’
- ‘In addition, job training and employment opportunities are being offered in various sectors such as shoemaking, furniture manufacturing and tourist goods production.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.