One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A documentary film or program that deals with subjects such as death or violence in a graphic and often sensationalized way.
- ‘Is there a real shift here in political documentaries that are starting to become more like mockumentaries or shockumentaries.’
- ‘But there is a humanity here, and a sense of humor, both of which are lacking from 99% of the later shockumentaries.’
- ‘Other directors continued to mine the third world for shockumentary material, however.’
- ‘After the latest farce, there has been a national debate Stateside over the morality of reality-based so-called ‘shockumentaries’.’
- ‘The life and death of a 70s pop star is told as a bizarre shockumentary - with Barbie dolls standing in for actors.’
1970s: blend of shock and documentary.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.