One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In the experimental group, 72 patients with a shockable rhythm were initially shocked by first responders and 85 patients by the ambulance personnel.’
- ‘She's also known enough not to need that kind of publicity - plus the European art scene isn't as easily shockable as the American one anyway.’
- ‘For the less shockable audience of today, particularly one with a core of depraved Oxford students, this play presses all the right buttons.’
- ‘They take you back to a time when it was still possible to be transported into another world - a time when you half-believed in magic, and remained infinitely shockable.’
- ‘In front of as many shockable adults as possible.’
- ‘A reliable narrator, I would suggest, is an intelligent, shockable, conscientious and perceptive, human being.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.