One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A material for making shirts, especially a fine cotton in plain colors or incorporating a traditional woven stripe.
- ‘The cotton shirtings with their muted colours are a terrific buy for the summer.’
- ‘The company also released a new cotton/linen shirting blend.’
- ‘Striped seersucker and oxford-cloth shirting lend a tailored look to a window, making it suitable for a room where froufrou just won't do.’
- ‘The small size also allows us to observe textural differences, such as the distinction between wool gabardine and cotton shirting, without the substances becoming unduly associative.’
- ‘Examples include most bed, kitchen and bath linens, shirting, denim, poplin and other similar goods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.