One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A material for making shirts, especially a fine cotton in plain colors or incorporating a traditional woven stripe.
- ‘Striped seersucker and oxford-cloth shirting lend a tailored look to a window, making it suitable for a room where froufrou just won't do.’
- ‘Examples include most bed, kitchen and bath linens, shirting, denim, poplin and other similar goods.’
- ‘The company also released a new cotton/linen shirting blend.’
- ‘The small size also allows us to observe textural differences, such as the distinction between wool gabardine and cotton shirting, without the substances becoming unduly associative.’
- ‘The cotton shirtings with their muted colours are a terrific buy for the summer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.