One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
dodger, truant, absentee, habitual absentee, malingerer, layabout, loafer, idlerView synonyms
- ‘Whatever the detail of the debates over incapacity benefit, there is no doubt that his sympathies do not lie with those he would consider shirkers.’
- ‘And if the socialist shirkers riot, shoot them!’
- ‘I'd rather just loudly insist that people who favor war go fight in it themselves or be damned as showboaters and shirkers.’
- ‘To stand for the shirkers, stand strong in their place.’
- ‘He don't have time for those what don't care to work, and he'd sooner drown you than put up with idlers or shirkers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.