One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A broker who specializes in arranging charters, cargo space, and passenger bookings on ships.
- ‘The Florida-based company is not a shipbroker, but a ship manager.’
- ‘The Norwegian shipbroker said spot charter rates for a 74,000 dwt bulk carrier had fallen from a higher of US $53,500 this year to US $16,100 a day.’
- ‘Now, what was the last working coal puffer in Scotland is being marketed by an Ardrossan shipbroker for £60,000.’
- ‘Many shipbrokers and ship managers are based in Hong Kong because many ships are owned or controlled here, it has excellent communications and is a good place for expatriates to live.’
- ‘In a letter received by shipowners, shipmanagers and shipbrokers earlier this week, the sea school said it needed outside sponsorship to help cover the expected cut in funding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.