Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A broker who specializes in arranging charters, cargo space, and passenger bookings on ships.
- ‘In a letter received by shipowners, shipmanagers and shipbrokers earlier this week, the sea school said it needed outside sponsorship to help cover the expected cut in funding.’
- ‘Now, what was the last working coal puffer in Scotland is being marketed by an Ardrossan shipbroker for £60,000.’
- ‘The Florida-based company is not a shipbroker, but a ship manager.’
- ‘Many shipbrokers and ship managers are based in Hong Kong because many ships are owned or controlled here, it has excellent communications and is a good place for expatriates to live.’
- ‘The Norwegian shipbroker said spot charter rates for a 74,000 dwt bulk carrier had fallen from a higher of US $53,500 this year to US $16,100 a day.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.