One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The river was mostly a trickle and the going fairly tough, with much scrambling over large rocks, but the ships of the desert took it well.’
- ‘Thanks to God for creating camel, the ‘ship of the desert’, with all its saintly traits of survival.’
- ‘For Lawrence the camel was indeed a ship of the desert.’
- ‘But biotechnologists believe the ship of the desert may still have much to offer humanity due to its remarkable resistance to disease.’
- ‘Trying to focus, he saw the familiar homely face of what was fondly and sometimes not so fondly known as the ship of the desert: a camel.’
- ‘It must have been a long journey for these ships of the desert.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.