One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed to manufacture or assemble the structural parts of a ship.
- ‘I admitted to John that I didn't know what a ship fitter was, and asked that he explain it to me.’
- ‘The present owner's husband, a ship builder, bought the house that year and carried out an extensive and unusual refurbishment using his apprentice ship fitters.’
- ‘A boilermaker and ship fitter by trade, he has had progressively responsible roles up to and including Vice President of Repair for Intermarine.’
- ‘I was the lead ship fitter on the job and handled most of the lead panels in one way or the other.’
- ‘He raced down a couple of decks to the ship fitter's storage room and grabbed his materials.’
- ‘The ship fitters will be working on watertight door gaskets to try and get this place a little warmer in the winter.’
- ‘After lunch the word spread to the welders and ship fitters on the ship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.