One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Documents that a ship is legally required to carry, providing details of ownership, nationality, destination, cargo, etc.
- ‘Similarly some of the judgments in the ship's papers cases treat the order for ship's papers as an application of the obligation of good faith.’
- ‘Norman told me he had lost everything except his ship's papers, kept in a survival bag made of watertight barrage balloon material and hung around his neck.’
- ‘The captain was ordered to surrender the ship's papers but once night fell she slipped out of Gibraltar with her lights switched off and leaving her papers behind.’
- ‘He decided he had to leave Poland and, on July 22, he made a second attempt to flee on his former ship, using his old ship's papers.’
- ‘The ship's papers said the cargo was for a firm identified as Integrated Chemicals and Development but contacts so far with Sudan indicated the company did not exist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.