One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's about the size of four phone boxes knocked through, but it's very new, and shinily neat and bright.’
- ‘He is smooth-faced and shaved shinily bald.’
- ‘Why is it that the more shinily realistic graphics get, the worse the people in the games look?’
- ‘It's the same colour as before only more shinily and evenly so.’
- ‘The cube's two halves slot together like an infuriating Christmas cracker puzzle and the four minimally printed CDs sit shinily in separate slots.’
- ‘Its stainless-steel panels perforated by a grid of numerous small holes are either shinily opaque or surprisingly transparent, depending on your angle of view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.