One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A widely distributed white-flowered weed of the cabbage family, with triangular or heart-shaped seedpods.
- ‘Broadleaf winter annual weeds, such as blue mustard, tansy mustard, tumble mustard, field pennycress, and shepherd's purse, are very competitive with winter wheat because they compete with the crop throughout most of its life cycle.’
- ‘Weeds like pennycress, downy brome, mustards, cheatgrass, and shepherd's purse are common in first cut alfalfa.’
- ‘Common broadleaf winter annual weeds in winter wheat include blue mustard, tansy mustard, tumble mustard, field pennycress, and shepherd's purse.’
- ‘They have been sampling the sites for seeds of hairy nightshade, shepherd's purse, burning nettles, and other common weeds.’
- ‘That food consists of various seeds - including grasses, alfalfa, nettles, thistles, shepherd's purse and cranesbill - as well as grain stolen from area farms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.