One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because of its sheerness and direct exposure to the afternoon sun, the side facing the lake is bare of vegetation except for some rock-hugging lichens.’
- ‘Digital analysis of clothing for skin display, tightness, and sheerness showed that the women described their own clothing in ways that are consistent with social clothing codes.’
- ‘I think they've cottoned onto the sheer, er, sheerness of her top.’
- ‘The airiness, the suspendedness, the drop are composed to create the sheerness of the exhilaration and the perfect certainty of the arc.’
- ‘Then he saw another on of his men spilling all that he knew to his enemy out of the sheerness of fear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.