One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Then he saw another on of his men spilling all that he knew to his enemy out of the sheerness of fear.’
- ‘I think they've cottoned onto the sheer, er, sheerness of her top.’
- ‘The airiness, the suspendedness, the drop are composed to create the sheerness of the exhilaration and the perfect certainty of the arc.’
- ‘Digital analysis of clothing for skin display, tightness, and sheerness showed that the women described their own clothing in ways that are consistent with social clothing codes.’
- ‘Because of its sheerness and direct exposure to the afternoon sun, the side facing the lake is bare of vegetation except for some rock-hugging lichens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.