One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of boldly marked edible game fishes which live in warm American waters.
('California sheepshead') a black and red wrasse of Californian coastal waters (Semicossyphus pulcher, family Labridae)
a black and silver striped porgy of Atlantic coastal and brackish waters (Archosargus probatocephalus, family Sparidae)
- ‘It includes whiting, sand trout, croaker, sheepshead, flounder, redfish and black drum.’
- ‘We boxed several Spanish mackerel and speckled trout, plus sheepshead, skipjacks, whiting, sand trout and one small flounder.’
- ‘Samples of the dead birds including cormorants and gulls, fish like carp, gobies and sheepshead, and other wildlife were sent to the University of Guelph for testing, with results not expected until early next week, said Mathers.’
- ‘The inshore division recognizes eight species: croaker, black drum, flounder, gafftop catfish, gar, redfish, sheepshead, and speckled trout.’
- ‘Some of the common fish species include the freshwater drum, sheepshead, lake sturgeon, spotted suckers, common red-horse, and pumpkinseed.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.