One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sheep rancher.
- ‘The man would have had extensive dealings with sheepmen especially in the Newport / Tiernaur area and in Tourmakeady where he is reported to have bought considerable quantities of sheep in the past few months.’
- ‘But Jill's father was a practiced sheepman who had managed a great sheep ranch and had earned an enviable reputation as a man who knew his stuff.’
- ‘He was a controversial figure who was a hardworking cowhand but also perhaps a hired thug given free rein by his boss to do whatever was necessary to keep sheepmen off the cattle range.’
- ‘My father was a cattleman / sheepman and business owner.’
- ‘On the hills around Aclare the sheepmen have gallantly modernised their hill farming practices but still more aid is required to consolidate the ground they have gained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.