One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An intensely itching skin disease of sheep caused by a parasitic mite.
- ‘After a good dip against sheep scab and parasites and any dose that may be required they will be sent up the fell where they will stay until clipping time.’
- ‘So look at it this way, we have the position where us old farmers were clearing and preventing sheep scab by using licensed older dips.’
- ‘The three-year project aims to reduce the incidence of sheep scab by promoting and supporting best practice, minimising the impacts of outbreaks and maximising the effects of preventative action.’
- ‘Farmers have their own opinions about the prevention of sheep scab and I have to say that, although I have been among sheep for 60 years, I have never seen sheep scab.’
- ‘So many people are treating their animals before finding out exactly whether it is sheep scab or lice and then having to seek out veterinary assistance, when the treatment is not working.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.