One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American kalmia which is sometimes cultivated as an ornamental.
Kalmia angustifolia, family Ericaceae
- ‘The shrub layer includes lowbush blueberry, black huckleberry, dangleberry, staggerbush, inkberry and sheep laurel.’
- ‘The flowers of sheep laurel and bog laurel are pink, and rhodora are purple, and none form a distinct ball of white flowers, like Labrador tea.’
- ‘Joining these trees are well-adapted blueberry, huckleberry, and sheep laurel, as well as a variety of mosses.’
- ‘Woody shrubs adapted to nutrient poor conditions, such as leather leaf and sheep laurel, begin to appear.’
- ‘There is a lot of mountain laurel and sheep laurel here and the trail is often narrow, squeezed between full sides of these species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.