Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fatty substance obtained from the nuts of the shea tree, used chiefly in cosmetic skin preparations.
- ‘Combines all-natural sea salts with skin-hydrating shea butter and meadowfoam seed oil (a non-greasy moisturizer good for even the most sensitive skin types).’
- ‘The product contains glutamic acid (which helps to strengthen the skin's self-defence mechanism), liquorice (to regulate hyperpigmentation), emollient canola oil and shea butter, and a vitamin E derivative.’
- ‘They're rich in natural ingredients like moisturizing shea butter and avocado oil, invigorating peppermint and other essential oils.’
- ‘Most hair masks contain moisturizing ingredients like shea butter or avocado, which help your mane stay pliable, supple and shiny.’
- ‘Better choices: shea butter, beeswax and rose wax, which provide a natural barrier against wetness and are free of petroleum derivatives.’
- ‘The Dagomba tribe of the Gold Coast boil the kernels, add salt and shea butter, and eat the mixture.’
- ‘Later on, the masseuse covers the client's body with a dark chocolate body mousse, consisting of mineral-rich French clay, dark chocolate, shea butter and aloe vera gel.’
- ‘It contains borage oil for moisture retention, shea butter to moisturise, comfrey and rose geranium essential oil to soothe and nourish the skin.’
- ‘This waterproof moisturizing face and body milk is enriched with Titanium dioxide and shea butter for broad-spectrum sun protection.’
- ‘There are five fruity shades that don't rub off, and because they're made from moisturising shea butter, they leave your lips soft, plump and simply irresistible.’
- ‘The dishes included vegetable soup from Nigeria which consisted of melon, spinach, shea butter, palm oil, dry fish, salt, plums, red peppers and chilli peppers.’
- ‘Regional trade networks deal in locally produced agricultural goods, such as potatoes, rice, shea butter, and kola nuts.’
- ‘If you wear lipstick, make sure the ones you choose to wear in winter contain conditioning ingredients, such as shea butter and Vitamin E.’
- ‘Moisturizers might be aloe vera, shea butter or hemp oil.’
- ‘Use lip glosses and lipsticks that contain quenching ingredients like jojoba and avocado oils, shea butter and aloe.’
- ‘Select products that contain vitamin E and natural oils, particularly shea butter, which provides some UV protection.’
- ‘This body cream, made of olive oil, shea butter, and essential oils, promises to soften skin, especially elbows, knees, and feet.’
- ‘Colored and/or processed hair needs moisture-drenching ingredients like jojoba oil, olive oil, lanolin, almond oil and shea butter, to help lock in moisture and prevent brittle strands.’
- ‘Look for hydrating ingredients like beeswax, shea butter, vitamin E and almond, jojoba or coconut oils.’
- ‘Meat, livestock, and hides are also important; gold and agricultural products such as green beans, mangos, sesame, groundnuts and shea butter make up the remaining exports.’
shea butter/ˈSHē bədər/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.