One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A malicious or spiteful woman.
- ‘Now, if we were treated to a regular Brunhilda barbeque with dozens of she-devils thrown on the hibachi, we might find the concept intriguing.’
- ‘You had to be the she-devil who claimed my brother!’
- ‘This subversive Toronto she-devil has been conducting a clever art stunt.’
- ‘Little did I know that by listening to the little devil on my shoulder, I would meet and spend time with one bad little she-devil for the evening.’
- ‘What exactly was going on between you and the she-devil?’
- ‘I had been spending some time with him since James had decided to take the she-devil in.’
- ‘He had finally left the clutch of the she-devil and now he would be forced to work with her?’
- ‘Treacherous, sneaky, conniving she-devils - the lot of them.’
- ‘Grindhouse cinema abounds with she-beasts, she-creatures, she-devils, and she-wolves.’
- ‘That she-devil is outside; I heard her howling.’
- ‘This way, she would be able to argue with the she-devil in private.’
- ‘I've watched countless female commentators delude themselves that they are striking a blow against body fascism by demanding that those skinny she-devils be banished from the catwalk by their voluptuous moral superiors.’
- ‘The man, obviously related to the she-devil, wasn't having any of it.’
- ‘We don't know what that she-devil did to him when he was gone from us.’
- ‘Luckily we're past the full moon, when I undergo a transformation into a snarling she-devil, especially when I'm hormonal.’
- ‘‘We just save you from the clutches of the she-devil,’ Nate said angrily, ‘and this is how you thank us?’’
- ‘I should warn you that the picture starts out slow, but I assure you that it soon accelarates like a thrill-crazed she-devil behind the wheel of a souped-up sportscar.’
- ‘They might have cheerfully stomped her to death had not the dates sequestered the squirming she-devil.’
- ‘She is a nastily neurotic newly unemployed she-devil obsessed with weight, beauty, and things unnamed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.