A persimmon, especially one of an early fruiting orange variety grown in Israel.
- ‘Standard Asian persimmons must be almost collapsing with overripeness to be sweet enough to eat, but the sharon fruit is luscious and yielding even before being fully ripe.’
- ‘Does anyone here have experience with growing sharon fruit in the UK?’
- ‘I love sharon fruit [persimmon] and mangoes, typical of Caribbean people, and I'm also really into garlic.’
- ‘I well recall, and it wasn't long ago, being impressed by a sharon fruit.’
- ‘It has also been called ‘Japanese persimmon’ and a variety of it (cultivated in Israel) is extensively marketed as ‘sharon fruit’.’