One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a restaurant) a serving or selection of food to be shared between two or more diners.‘a restaurant popular for its share plates’
- ‘The food is disappointing, with the share plates consisting of food I've never come across before.’
- ‘Our guests enjoy share plate menu options while relaxing in our down-to-earth and comfortable atmosphere.’
- ‘The restaurant combines good-value casual dining with a charming setting and tasty share plates.’
- ‘I'm looking forward to trying their seared tuna salad next time as a whole or share plate appetizer.’
- ‘The share plates are modestly portioned and seldom more than $12.’
- ‘From a list of "sharing plates," the standouts included homemade lamb sausage, and first-rate fries.’
- ‘We ordered several share plates which were delicious, but next time I would skip getting an entree.’
- ‘For a share plate, we ordered the crab cakes and they had nice spice and a perfectly crunchy light crust.’
- ‘We ordered the brunch share plate and a pizza as appetizers.’
- ‘I like that they served individual share plates of olive oil with parmesan cheese as it's my favorite way to eat my bread.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.