One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But when you take cuttings from valuable landscape plants such as cedar, fir, juniper, pine, spruce, and redwood, do it carefully to preserve the plant's health and shapeliness.’
- ‘He has personally received a lot of compliments for the shapeliness of his pins in high heels.’
- ‘Before this happens, I hope the blogosphere, using its collective, distributed nodes of intelligence, can determine why it's OK to admire the shapeliness of some 18-year-olds but not others.’
- ‘Males compete in the bodybuilding competition and judges look for symmetrical muscularity, whereas the women compete in the figure competition and judges award points for shapeliness and elegance.’
- ‘Perusing this delicate yet powerful little book, we can't help but admire the shapeliness, the eloquence, the stylishness, and the incisiveness of the essay it contains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.