One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It has that kind of sort of innocence, and that sort of shapelessness.’
- ‘How to give shape to a shapelessness that presses against and expands into silence?’
- ‘Even if this claim were true, which it virtually never is, why on earth should amoeba-like intellectual shapelessness be a good thing in a journalist?’
- ‘There was the sort of sallow shapelessness about it that derives from simultaneous over-eating and under-sleeping.’
- ‘Relaxed into a postmodern shapelessness, however, the poetry lacks the form that gave high modern poets such magnificent bearing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.