One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Peace.as exclamation ‘“Shanti! Shanti! you must not let anger possess you like that.”’
- ‘Aruna Broota, for example, has developed a relaxation technique that combines four yogic postures and repetition of a religious word like shanti, or peace.’
- ‘One of my favourite words in Hindi is shanti, meaning peace, contentment and silence.’
- ‘(His famous ‘Om shanti om’ was stolen by the Indian film industry).’
- ‘It started with ‘Shree Yantra’ - a crystal pyramid with beneficial properties which Tulsi bahu promoted as the harbinger of sukh, shanti, chain and aman in every Hindu household.’
- ‘It ends with Sanskrit mantras chanting shanti.’
From Sanskrit śānti ‘peace, tranquillity’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.