One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Peace.as exclamation ‘“Shanti! Shanti! you must not let anger possess you like that.”’
- ‘(His famous ‘Om shanti om’ was stolen by the Indian film industry).’
- ‘It ends with Sanskrit mantras chanting shanti.’
- ‘Aruna Broota, for example, has developed a relaxation technique that combines four yogic postures and repetition of a religious word like shanti, or peace.’
- ‘One of my favourite words in Hindi is shanti, meaning peace, contentment and silence.’
- ‘It started with ‘Shree Yantra’ - a crystal pyramid with beneficial properties which Tulsi bahu promoted as the harbinger of sukh, shanti, chain and aman in every Hindu household.’
From Sanskrit śānti ‘peace, tranquillity’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.