One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I politely refused at first, but after their urgings I finally shamefacedly admitted that I could only eat food cooked with bottled water.’
- ‘This space may be called, a bit shamefacedly, the ‘mud room,’ perhaps to explain why a portion of it is devoted to sticks the dogs brought home.’
- ‘Slowly, perhaps shamefacedly, but ever-so-reluctantly, the rich countries have heeded the message.’
- ‘Rather shamefacedly, I admitted that I actually had forgotten to do so in my eagerness to engage the enemy!’
- ‘Then they realised that lots of decisions were being made without them and then they came back, rather shamefacedly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.