One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Slowly, perhaps shamefacedly, but ever-so-reluctantly, the rich countries have heeded the message.’
- ‘Then they realised that lots of decisions were being made without them and then they came back, rather shamefacedly.’
- ‘Rather shamefacedly, I admitted that I actually had forgotten to do so in my eagerness to engage the enemy!’
- ‘This space may be called, a bit shamefacedly, the ‘mud room,’ perhaps to explain why a portion of it is devoted to sticks the dogs brought home.’
- ‘I politely refused at first, but after their urgings I finally shamefacedly admitted that I could only eat food cooked with bottled water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.