One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Football is a shambolically run business,’ he says, ‘run by greedy and vain people who seem to act only in self-interest.’’
- ‘In real life terms it required a hell of a lot of astuteness to keep the thing alive, even shambolically.’
- ‘I scratched my head, feeling my hair stick up shambolically.’
- ‘Downing Street last night tried to gloss over Lord Butler's scathing, but tactfully phrased verdict on its shambolically informal style of government.’
- ‘Sadly, it will be greeted with weary resignation by Swindonians, who have watched the authority lurch shambolically from one crisis to another in recent years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.