One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘They were Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Manicheans, pagans, nomads, shamanists, and animists as well, and, ethnically speaking, Seljuks, Khazars, Bulgars, Timurids, Mongols, Anatolians and Chinese.’
- ‘There are scores of ex-Mormons, shamanists, pagans, and atheists meeting up, hoping to find camaraderie.’
- ‘In Beijing, the Qing reserved the Kunning palace in the Forbidden City for shamanist sacrifices.’
- ‘Can it be a good idea to take shamanist ways of working and using them for spiritualist work?’
- ‘Since most shamanist activity took place in the home, there was no religious organization to attack, and so it was relatively easy for shamanism to survive underground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.