One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the beliefs and practices associated with a shaman.‘shamanic rituals’‘shamanic healers’
- ‘The shamanic practitioner was interviewed on a TV programme about comparative religion.’
- ‘In early shamanic societies the artist/healer/priest/shaman was the creative source of culture.’
- ‘His years in the morgue parallel a descent into the shamanic underworld.’
- ‘Before his departure, he will present a film he made in October 2003, during his last shamanic adventure.’
- ‘Theirs is one of the few remaining living shamanic cultures.’
- ‘The meditation was conducted while listening to a CD of shamanic double drumming.’
- ‘His journey, basically the apprenticeship stage of the shamanic pattern, becomes a discovering, testing, learning process.’
- ‘Our data demonstrated a fundamental shamanic principle—that is, that intent is crucial to the outcome of the practice.’
- ‘I had to change my world view to actively learn shamanic techniques from Nepal.’
- ‘The healing touch attributed to European kings does not make those kings very shamanic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.