One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Muslim profession of faith (“there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”).
- ‘The two uppermost bands of the minaret contain religious texts, with the final inscription appropriately chosen as the shahada, the Muslim profession of faith.’
- ‘Nor has he really been since 1971, when, as a young man in his late twenties, he made his shahadah (the Muslim declaration of faith).’
- ‘Briefly stated, this essential Islam is none other than the first part of the shahadah which every Muslim proclaims numerous times during the course of his or her day: La ilaha il'Llah, there is no deity other than Allah.’
- ‘The other would have the shahadah or Muslim confession of faith: ‘There is no god but God, and Muhammad is His Messenger.’’
- ‘I took my shahada (declaration of faith) that day.’
From Arabic šahāda ‘testimony, evidence’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.