One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Seemingly, the last popular adaptation to the shadowless lamp was the so-called Isis lamp, which presumably drew its name from the Egyptian goddess who, among many attributes, was the maker of the sunrise and giver of heavenly light.’
- ‘Light in Tuscany in summer is strong and colour appears bleached and shadowless giving a translucent effect to pale colours like white.’
- ‘You won't have a shadowless future, you can be assured.’
- ‘But on certain iron-gray, lackluster Buffalo days with their diffuse and shadowless light you might be moved to take these symbols to heart.’
- ‘The silent eternity of a shadowless corner house, the view of a deserted street - you can't get enough of the virtuosity of these momentary recordings, the play with colour, light and contrast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.