One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Why don't people do something about the shabbiness that surrounds us?’
- ‘Some of its most loyal clients have taken their productions elsewhere, complaining of its general shabbiness.’
- ‘However, he soon began to realise that the shabbiness of his study was at odds with the elegance of the gown.’
- ‘Great art is a celebration: ‘The perfection and beauty of form rebels against the ugliness and shabbiness of the subject matter.’’
- ‘It has a certain shabbiness now, and that's unfortunate as it is only a very small proportion of the population which makes it that way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.