One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some of its most loyal clients have taken their productions elsewhere, complaining of its general shabbiness.’
- ‘Why don't people do something about the shabbiness that surrounds us?’
- ‘It has a certain shabbiness now, and that's unfortunate as it is only a very small proportion of the population which makes it that way.’
- ‘However, he soon began to realise that the shabbiness of his study was at odds with the elegance of the gown.’
- ‘Great art is a celebration: ‘The perfection and beauty of form rebels against the ugliness and shabbiness of the subject matter.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.