One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's sexual identity in relation to the gender to which they are attracted; the fact of being heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual.
- ‘We cannot speak for everyone, but we listen to music that we enjoy regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.’
- ‘The most important point is that sexual orientation, like gender or race, becomes a new branch of equal opportunities.’
- ‘It sounds like this dude is down for the rights of other races, genders, abilities and sexual orientations.’
- ‘These include gender, race, sexual orientation, disability and religion.’
- ‘Others are experiencing conflict and anxiety about their gender or sexual orientation.’
- ‘Might students also be targeted on the basis of race, gender, or sexual orientation?’
- ‘Everyone is encouraged to participate with no reference to sexual orientation or gender.’
- ‘In addition to race, gender, sexual orientation, disability and whatnot, we need to add genetic heritage.’
- ‘What this means is that all students can choose their room-mates regardless of their assigned legal or chosen genders and sexes, sexual orientations, expressions or identifications.’
- ‘He'll figure out in his own time what his gender identity / sexual orientation are.’
- ‘It's very seldom I have a negative attitude toward me based on sexual orientation.’
- ‘Feeling free on the dance floor was a big step toward accepting my sexual orientation.’
- ‘Through Student Pride USA I've met student activists of all colors, nationalities, ages, gender identities, and sexual orientations.’
- ‘Let me ask again, in looking at an artwork, is the gender or sexual orientation of the artist important?’
- ‘But there are many beautiful women in Hollywood, and few generate the same kind of overwhelming interest across genders and sexual orientations that she does; clearly something else is going on here.’
- ‘Prior to Wilson's death, the question of band members' sexual orientation had never come up.’
- ‘Its nondiscrimination policy includes sexual orientation and gender identity.’
- ‘Show Me Love is an emotional roller-coaster ride for viewers of both genders and all sexual orientations, because the feelings it uncovers are universal in nature.’
- ‘Discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation, gender or race are wrong.’
- ‘Social constructions of gender and sexual orientation are marked by two extremes separated by a vast gulf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.