One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's sexual identity in relation to the gender to which they are attracted; the fact of being heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual.
- ‘Show Me Love is an emotional roller-coaster ride for viewers of both genders and all sexual orientations, because the feelings it uncovers are universal in nature.’
- ‘In addition to race, gender, sexual orientation, disability and whatnot, we need to add genetic heritage.’
- ‘Everyone is encouraged to participate with no reference to sexual orientation or gender.’
- ‘Others are experiencing conflict and anxiety about their gender or sexual orientation.’
- ‘Let me ask again, in looking at an artwork, is the gender or sexual orientation of the artist important?’
- ‘It's very seldom I have a negative attitude toward me based on sexual orientation.’
- ‘What this means is that all students can choose their room-mates regardless of their assigned legal or chosen genders and sexes, sexual orientations, expressions or identifications.’
- ‘We cannot speak for everyone, but we listen to music that we enjoy regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation.’
- ‘Social constructions of gender and sexual orientation are marked by two extremes separated by a vast gulf.’
- ‘Through Student Pride USA I've met student activists of all colors, nationalities, ages, gender identities, and sexual orientations.’
- ‘It sounds like this dude is down for the rights of other races, genders, abilities and sexual orientations.’
- ‘Its nondiscrimination policy includes sexual orientation and gender identity.’
- ‘Might students also be targeted on the basis of race, gender, or sexual orientation?’
- ‘These include gender, race, sexual orientation, disability and religion.’
- ‘But there are many beautiful women in Hollywood, and few generate the same kind of overwhelming interest across genders and sexual orientations that she does; clearly something else is going on here.’
- ‘The most important point is that sexual orientation, like gender or race, becomes a new branch of equal opportunities.’
- ‘He'll figure out in his own time what his gender identity / sexual orientation are.’
- ‘Discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation, gender or race are wrong.’
- ‘Feeling free on the dance floor was a big step toward accepting my sexual orientation.’
- ‘Prior to Wilson's death, the question of band members' sexual orientation had never come up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.