One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behavior characterized by the making of unwelcome and inappropriate sexual remarks or physical advances in a workplace or other professional or social situation.
- ‘Women scientists also spoke of those hardy perennials - sexual harassment and gender-related harassment.’
- ‘In many countries policemen use sexual harassment and threats of rape as an interrogation tactic.’
- ‘On 28 June 2000 there occurred an incident in which he was alleged to have engaged in sexual harassment of a female pupil.’
- ‘Regrettably there is still no tangible legislation that tackles the problem of sexual harassment in the workplace.’
- ‘Grossman's other columns on sexual harassment and discrimination law can be found in the archive of her columns on this site.’
- ‘The especially broad coverage for sexual harassment indicates a strong legislative intent to fight harassment.’
- ‘The concepts of spousal rape and sexual harassment are not well established, and, consequently, such acts are not considered crimes.’
- ‘I have a lot of people come to see me where they've been accused of something in the workplace such as sexual harassment or an issue.’
- ‘The Commission evidently wished to encourage the social partners to take specific action to combat sexual harassment, but without success.’
- ‘Three codes of practice in relation to the prevention of bullying in the workplace and sexual harassment were launched last March.’
- ‘They are subject to family violence at home and sexual harassment in the work place.’
- ‘The law should account for what social science research tells us about sexual harassment.’
- ‘An active women's movement has put domestic violence, rape, and workplace sexual harassment on the public agenda.’
- ‘The campaign to criminalize sexual harassment in the workplace began in the late 1970s.’
- ‘Her other columns on sexual harassment and other forms of sex discrimination can be found in the archive of her columns on this site.’
- ‘They address issues such as sexual harassment in the workplace and women's safety in the community.’
- ‘But for women who have been at the receiving end of sexual harassment in the work place, it is enough to shatter their sense of self.’
- ‘Laws against sexual harassment were long considered a symptom of American prudishness.’
- ‘Indeed, until relatively recently sexual harassment in the workplace was regarded as inevitable.’
- ‘Bill's idea is to pursue the first class action lawsuit for sexual harassment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.