Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Distinct difference in size or appearance between the sexes of an animal in addition to difference between the sexual organs themselves.
- ‘The sexual dimorphism among the owoc makes the miniscule differences between human males and females positively subatomic.’
- ‘Of further interest, these canids also tend toward facultative monogamy and toward minimal sexual dimorphism.’
- ‘A decrease in sexual dimorphism in humerus measurements has also been documented for Late Woodland samples in Illinois, indicating increased upper arm use by females during this time.’
- ‘It is useful to reiterate that the canids mentioned above also tend toward minimal sexual dimorphism and facultative monogamy.’
- ‘Everyone these days knows that men's brains are larger than women's, based on sexual dimorphism, but only a fool believes that the brain size of Homo sapiens sapiens has anything to do with intelligence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.