Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An expert in sexual matters.
- ‘I did go as a sexpert, but breaking tradition I decided to actually wear clothes.’
- ‘And top sexperts reveal 14 ways to improve your love life.’
- ‘Beyond archival stories, Gudgeon dives into fresh research by talking to sexperts on the front lines.’
- ‘Yeah, I don't know, I mean, I don't consider myself a sexpert, but you know, I've been to a few of these websites and anyway, what…’
- ‘Take it from a bona fide sexpert ladies: There's nothing less attractive than a gal who thinks she's smarter than you.’
- ‘The 50-year-old sexpert fearlessly promotes sexual health and condom usage throughout the Caribbean and the diaspora.’
- ‘In what follows, I show how some queerly located sexperts are leading us in radically other directions.’
- ‘OK sexperts, I've got a real dilemma here: If a man can be a metrosexual, what do you call a heterosexual woman who tends to have all the lack of style, taste, and low-maintenance habits of the basic Neanderthal man?’
- ‘Later this month, Channel 4 will be screening a programme called The Sex Inspectors which will show couples having sex and being offered tips by a sexpert.’
- ‘But what motivated her to make her career as a sexpert?’
- ‘Maybe I ‘m more of a sexpert than a trend-spotter.’
- ‘Now, as the writers we've got are disgustingly talented sexperts, I opened up the editorial process to them to an extent; mailed them the page plans but said that if they had any ideas, I was more than happy to consider them.’
- ‘Any of our resident sexperts want to take this on?’
- ‘When people call me a sexpert, I correct them, and not just because I hate cutesy porte-manteau words, but because I am not and I will never be a sexpert.’
- ‘Judges include yours truly, along with some of North America's leading sexperts.’
- ‘She began writing a sex column titled My Messy Bedroom and her reputation as a sexpert ballooned in the years following.’
- ‘Many sexperts, both amateur and professional, may not be totally surprised at these figures.’
- ‘Is the world's self-appointed Tantric sexpert answering anyone's calls?’
- ‘They're more like sexperts giving some advice to help prolong the experience.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.