Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of human sexual life or relationships.
- ‘Moreover, many of the categories used in sexology to describe sexual life have been shown not to be universal but highly localized.’
- ‘There are, however, a number of good sexuality-specific Web sites that can provide effective starting points for targeted searches in sexology, of which several are spotlighted below.’
- ‘Reform-era sexology appropriated the degenerative/regenerative discourse of the natural selection model as a way to establish a new lexicon that would address sexuality more specifically.’
- ‘Except she's on her way, not to a sales convention, but a sexology conference in Paris.’
- ‘The book is only marginally about sex, and takes a dour view of sexology, survey research, and Western-influenced sex education.’
- ‘In fact, they are taken from recent sex research, so that I don't convey the message that all the advances are occurring outside sexology.’
- ‘The resulting discussions introduce a way of thinking about sexual experience that bypasses some of sexology's most sacred cows, such as survey data and the debates about gender, orientation, morality, and medical intervention.’
- ‘Failure to publish has already become a problem in sexology, insofar as early studies of the impact of Viagra on women, completed in early 1997, have not yet been published as of the date of this manuscript.’
- ‘In the 1920s, sexology did not constitute a stabilized system.’
- ‘Is sexology on its way to becoming a subsidiary of the pharmaceutical industry?’
- ‘Professionals in the newly minted disciplines of the human psyche - sexology, psychology, and psychiatry - increasingly conceived of personality, gender, and sexuality as products of culture and upbringing.’
- ‘Currently there is less funding but great interest in furthering the study of sexology from a perspective that pays primary attention to the social, cultural, and historical contextualization of sexual behaviors and responses.’
- ‘In sum, the value of the volume stems not only from its utility as a resource for cross-cultural information about sexuality but also from its role in the cultural history of sexology.’
- ‘If sexology loses its independent status, the public will have even fewer places to turn for sexual enlightenment free from commercial or political bias.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.