One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of human sexual life or relationships.
- ‘Is sexology on its way to becoming a subsidiary of the pharmaceutical industry?’
- ‘The resulting discussions introduce a way of thinking about sexual experience that bypasses some of sexology's most sacred cows, such as survey data and the debates about gender, orientation, morality, and medical intervention.’
- ‘There are, however, a number of good sexuality-specific Web sites that can provide effective starting points for targeted searches in sexology, of which several are spotlighted below.’
- ‘If sexology loses its independent status, the public will have even fewer places to turn for sexual enlightenment free from commercial or political bias.’
- ‘In the 1920s, sexology did not constitute a stabilized system.’
- ‘Failure to publish has already become a problem in sexology, insofar as early studies of the impact of Viagra on women, completed in early 1997, have not yet been published as of the date of this manuscript.’
- ‘Reform-era sexology appropriated the degenerative/regenerative discourse of the natural selection model as a way to establish a new lexicon that would address sexuality more specifically.’
- ‘Moreover, many of the categories used in sexology to describe sexual life have been shown not to be universal but highly localized.’
- ‘Professionals in the newly minted disciplines of the human psyche - sexology, psychology, and psychiatry - increasingly conceived of personality, gender, and sexuality as products of culture and upbringing.’
- ‘The book is only marginally about sex, and takes a dour view of sexology, survey research, and Western-influenced sex education.’
- ‘Currently there is less funding but great interest in furthering the study of sexology from a perspective that pays primary attention to the social, cultural, and historical contextualization of sexual behaviors and responses.’
- ‘In fact, they are taken from recent sex research, so that I don't convey the message that all the advances are occurring outside sexology.’
- ‘Except she's on her way, not to a sales convention, but a sexology conference in Paris.’
- ‘In sum, the value of the volume stems not only from its utility as a resource for cross-cultural information about sexuality but also from its role in the cultural history of sexology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.